Happy Thursday Hidden Gem Travel community! In honor of the one-year mark for the opening ceremonies yesterday (July 26th), this newsletter is a reprint from February. Since first published, there are more packages available that may work well for you. Reach out now to find out more.
I spent a week in Paris in March scoping things out for clients, and preparations were already underway! The city is very excited to host the games.
Do you love sports? Have a dream to see the Olympics IRL one day? If so, consider the Summer 2024 Olympic Games in iconic Paris, France. I’m able to make the arrangements for you with a partner that has specialized in sport event travel for the last 19 years. The key thing about this experience is to book far as advance as possible as everything (the best hotels, tickets/seats, etc.) will be sold out long before the events begin.
Read on for the scoop about how YOU can go to Paris for the summer Olympics in 2024, why it will be an incredibly special experience, and why you should plan ahead…
Why So Special?
The Paris Summer Olympics has some impressive statistics and will offer truly unique Olympic experiences in iconic Parisian settings.
- 32 sports including 4 new sports — Breaking*, Sport Climbing, Skateboarding and Surfing**
- 206 Nations; 10,500 Athletes
- 48 Disciplines, 329 Events (762 individually ticketed sessions)
- 41 Competition Venues with 80% located within 30 minutes of the Athletes Village
Some of the most beautiful sites and landmarks that Paris and France have to offer will provide a magnificent backdrop for the incredible performances of the world’s greatest athletes. A few notable venues:
- Beach Volleyball will be played at the foot of the Eiffel Tower
- The grounds at Chateau De Versailles will host the Equestrian and Modern Pentathlon events
- Place de la Concorde will host Skateboarding, BMX Freestyle, 3×3 Basketball and Breaking.
- Grand Palais will host Fencing and Taekwondo
- AN OLYMPIC FIRST: The Opening Ceremony’s parade of athletes will travel by boat on the Seine River! This is the first time the Opening Ceremony will be outside of a stadium allowing many more people to witness it.
* According to the Paris 2024 website, Breaking is a style of dance (AKA break dancing) that originated in the United States in the 1970s. It took form in the lively block parties in the Bronx, emerging from hip-hop culture, and is characterized by acrobatic movements, stylized footwork.
💎Hidden Gem Tip: The **surfing competition will be held in Tahiti so if that trip appeals to you, let me know!
The Ideal Package 🎁
While I’m able to arrange custom trips to anywhere in the world you’d like to travel, it makes sense to consider a package for the Olympics, especially in Paris during the peak summer season.
The packages are offered for 6 nights ranging from July 26th to August 11th, 2024 with set dates for each package. Let me know if you’d like to add on a night or two outside of the package. Here’s what’s included:
- Your choice of accommodations at a standard, deluxe, or luxury hotel properties centrally located in Paris
- VIP airport meet and greet service and baggage handling
- Round-trip private ground transportation to your hotel
- Daily breakfast at your hotel
- Access to Summer Games events of your choice (tickets are at an extra cost as they vary based on your selection of events and seats).
- Option of private transfers to all the Summer Games events or transfers on official Games transportation system
- Full-day private customized tour of Paris with bilingual guide and private transportation.
- Special welcome pack with commemorative items from both the Summer Games including a travel guide, maps, and more
- Pre-trip planning services, customized travel itinerary, & informational event packet
- Access to hospitality staff & concierge services throughout your stay
Prices start at $6,450 per person (based on double occupancy) for a 3-star hotel for 6 nights (Olympic event tickets extra per above); 4-star and 5-star hotels are also available. An average per-person cost for an upscale hotel would be around $16K for the 6-night package.
If this bucket list experience excites you, planning now is key for the best availability and range of options. This is important, especially for families who want connecting rooms or rooms that fit rollaway beds (especially in 4- or 5-star hotels), people who want to see the most popular events/want better seats, and anyone who has specific needs/requests and is less open to what’s available at the time. Rooms at centrally located hotels will be snapped up first, and you want to be near the action if you’re making this incredible trip.
💎Hidden Gem Tip: Travel insurance will be an important consideration, and I will give you a quote to protect your investment.
Inspired? Reach out to me now to get started planning!
Make your own Wanderlist for 2023! As a reminder, Wanderlist is an online portal where you can research, explore, and create shareable lists of destinations and experiences. Share your list with me so I can make it happen for you. Check it out here: https://bit.ly/wanderlisthgtc