Happy Thursday Hidden Gem Travel community! And welcome to March! It’s been a very mild winter here in the northeast so far, and usually, at this time of year, I’m dreaming of sunshine and sand. Instead, I’m soon off to Europe (Austria, Slovakia, Hungary, and France – Paris specifically) and will be reporting back when I return to the office. I’ll be working while abroad, so if you would like to request a vacation consultation, don’t hesitate to reach out by responding to this email.
Continuing from last week’s newsletter covering Dubai, Abu Dhabi is a no-brainer add-on to any Dubai vacation. Like Dubai, there is a wide range of activities as well as many beaches for travelers who dream of sun and sand time to break up the winter.
Read on for the scoop about why Abu Dhabi is a must-go vacation destination…
Abu Dhabi Overview
According to ‘Visit Abu Dhabi’, Abu Dhabi is the largest of seven emirates and the capital of the United Arab Emirates. Made up of 200 islands, the emirate has a diversity of landscapes ranging from coastal islands filled with world-famous attractions and beaches to an uninterrupted desert scenery.
Dubai is only 1.5 hours or 140km away from Abu Dhabi making it an easy add-on to a Dubai vacation. I highlighted Dubai in last week’s newsletter in case you missed it.
💎Hidden Gem Tip: The best time to vacation in Abu Dhabi is October-May so a fantastic wintertime vacation destination option.
Abu Dhabi Overview
Abu Dhabi is known for its rich cultural heritage, modern architecture, and stunning natural beauty. Here are nine of the most popular activities and attractions for tourists in Abu Dhabi:
- Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque: This stunning mosque is one of the largest in the world and is a must-visit for its magnificent architecture and intricate Islamic art.
- Yas Island: This man-made island is home to a variety of attractions, including the Yas Marina, Yas Waterworld, and the Ferrari World theme park.
- Emirates Palace: This luxurious hotel is one of the most recognizable landmarks in Abu Dhabi and is a popular spot for high tea, fine dining, and shopping.
- Saadiyat Island: A cultural hub that is home to museums and art galleries, including the Louvre Abu Dhabi and the Zayed National Museum.
- Abu Dhabi Falcon Hospital: Visitors can see these magnificent birds up close and learn about their role in Arabian culture at this unique facility.
- Qasr Al-Hosn: The former palace of the ruling family, this historic building offers a glimpse into the city’s past and its evolution into a modern metropolis.
- Al Ain Oasis: This UNESCO World Heritage site is one of the largest oases in the world and offers a glimpse into the traditional way of life in the UAE.
- Abu Dhabi Corniche: A scenic coastal walkway that offers stunning views of the Arabian Gulf and is a popular spot for picnics, jogging, and bike riding.
- Beaches & Beach Clubs: With over 200 islands and 700km of coastline, it’s easy to find a relaxing spot to soak up the sun.
These are just a few of the many attractions that Abu Dhabi has to offer. Whether you’re interested in culture, history, adventure, or simply soaking up the sun, Abu Dhabi is a destination that has something for everyone.
Why the UAE for Vacation?
Though a longer flight than to the Caribbean and Europe, Abu Dhabi (and nearby Dubai) offer a twist on the types of experiences travelers crave for their vacations. With tourism at an all-time high in many European countries, I suggest that you consider a late fall, winter, or early spring vacation to these two emirates.
School-aged children will enjoy many fun activities in addition to educational opportunities. Couples can explore the cultural and culinary experiences, and everyone will love a day on the beach. For multigenerational families, the UAE caters to people of all levels of ability and interests. You will make some incredible memories that you share with your loved ones!
Inspired? Reach out to me now to begin the planning process, ask questions, and get more details.
Wishing you and your family continued good health,