Greetings travel lovers and Hidden Gem Travel community members! Almost happy Labor Day weekend — what are you up to? I’m keeping my plans a secret for the moment but trust me that I’m excited to give you the full scoop in the next newsletter 😊
From the headlines: Have you heard the good news from three major airlines this week? United, Delta, and American will no longer charge change fees for domestic flights! American’s policy includes short-haul, international flights (Mexico, Canada, and the Caribbean). We all detest change fees so this is good news, and I hope it lasts beyond these turbulent times. As always, if you DIY be sure to read the fine print before booking as things change and inclusions/exclusions vary by carrier. Basic Economy tickets will likely have more restrictions than other ticket classes, as always. I recommend steering clear of them in most circumstances.
Since we’re heading into Labor Day weekend and all need some R&R from the stresses of daily life, I offer five suggestions for fun travel-themed reading, listening, and watching activities this weekend…
Get your travel fix this Labor Day weekend from home or wherever you are:
- Read a book that brings a destination to life! As an avid reader, I’ve already published a newsletter focused on some of my favorites (scroll down).
- Listen to a travel podcast like AFAR’s new Travel Tales (I’m on Episode 8 about Morocco).
- Check out Zac Efron’s new Netflix series “Down To Earth” which focuses on healthy, sustainable living around the world. Note – wellness and sustainable travel are huge trends right now so very timely.
- Start a Wanderlist (free future travel plan) – browse destinations and awesome experiences via this link: https://bit.ly/3kOs1cz
- Catch up on past newsletters on the website (scroll down). Topics include a guide to North American ranch vacations, travel planning tips and resources, food and wine travel inspiration, destination spotlights, and much more. Yes, I write these newsletters myself, and some of the topics I cover are by request!
Hidden Gem Tip: If you have a request for a future newsletter topic, email me back and I’ll add to the request list! If you’re interested, I’m sure others are too.
Wishing you and your family continued good health,